Due to the current pandemic situation we are still requesting that ALL patients contact the practice by telephone first. Please do not enter the health centre without a pre-arranged appointment.
This will enable us to limit the spread of infection within the practice, ensure the most vulnerable patients are protected and also help keep GPs and staff safe.
If you experience any of the following symptoms you should SELF ISOLATE for 10 days and organise a test.
Your household members should also isolate for 10 days or until your test result is confirmed negative, or until they develop symptoms and arrange their own test.
If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home or they significantly worsen please call the practice for further advice.
COMMUNITY ASSESSMENT CENTRE
If you speak to a clinician or NHS24 they may feel your symptoms require you to be examined. In this case, an appointment will be arranged for you quickly at a local Community Assessment Centre, which are set up to ensure maximum safety and infection control. Please note: the assessment centres are NOT testing centres.
|Please do not attend the GP practice, hospital or pharmacy if you have any potential Covid-19 symptoms.|
GP, NURSE OR PHYSIO APPOINTMENTS
If you require an appointment for any other reason: PLEASE TELEPHONE 0141 531 6490
Where appropriate, the clinician will call you back and try to deal with your problem over the phone. If you require examination they will arrange an appointment for you at a specified time. This will allow us to reduce contact with other unwell patients in the waiting room. Even if you do not have active COVID symptoms, the GP or nurse will see you in full personal protective equipment for both your safety and theirs.
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
- Consider self help for minor ailments – NHS approved advice is available from the NHS Inform website
- Your local community pharmacy can also provide FREE assessment and treatment for a variety of minor ailments such as pain relief, cough, colds, constipation, cystitis, diarrhoea, toothache, baby’s teething, indigestion, hayfever, athletes foot or head lice treatment.
- If you normally pick up your prescription from reception, please nominate a local pharmacy and we will send it there for you to collect.
- Face-to-face routine annual reviews have been temporarily suspended with only urgent and essential appointments offered. If you are worried about your condition, please ask to speak to a GP or nurse by telephone.
- Requests for other non-essential work such as private letters and reports may also be suspended while we are working under these unprecedented pressures.
- If you are recovering from covid symptoms, it may take some time for your body and mind to get back to normal. If you would like further support, the Your Covid Recovery website contains useful information.
Thank you for your patience.
- Dr W. Neil Chalmers MBChB, MRCGP, FPA Cert. (Senior Partner)
- Dr Caroline Stephens MBChB, MRCGP (Partner)
- Dr Murray Fleming MBChB, MRCGP (Partner)
- Dr Jane Tennick MBChB, MRCGP, FFP Cert, DCH (Partner)
- Dr Graham Robertson MBChB, MRCS, DMTH, MRCGP (Salaried GP)
- Dr Madeleine Ronnie MBChB, MRCGP (Salaried GP)
- Dr Sadia Rahim (GPST 2)
Our practice aims to provide the highest level of care to patients in the G81 and G60 postcode areas.
The surgery is open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 12 noon on Wednesdays. We are closed at weekends and public holidays.
The practice offers ‘General Medical Services’ as well as a number of ‘Enhanced Services’. We run a series of nurse led clinics dealing with chronic conditions, as well as cervical screening, sexual & reproductive health and a travel health service. In addition, we provide an annual flu-vaccination programme, blood and urine monitoring for patients on drugs for arthritis and bowel disease, a Gold Standards Framework palliative care programme and a Methadone Shared Care programme for drug dependent patients. Please see Our clinics for further information.
Physiotherapy, mental health, podiatry and X-ray services are available in the wider health centre.
We are proud to be a teaching practice, helping train the next generation of young GPs. Dr Fleming and Dr Tennick are both accredited trainers. Click here for more information on training at the Yellow Wing.
Registration with the practice involves:
Completing a registration form – available from reception or to download on-line
Attending a new patient appointment with the Health Care Assistant
Change of Address
It is very important that we hold valid contact details for you. If your address or phone number changes, please notify us:
By completing a form in person – available from our reception
By completing and submitting an update form on-line
By telephone 0141 531 6490
A car park is provided at the rear of the building and has disabled and parent and child bays. We ask that you use these appropriately and avoid obstruction and undue distress.